segunda-feira, 24 de outubro de 2011

Scotland

Edinburgh is the capital of Scotland. It's a very ancient city, with many interesting places to visit.
Here are some curiosities about this wonderful country!

The Highland Games:

Events held throughout the year in Scotland and other countries as a way of celebrating Scottish and Celtic curture and heritage.
Caber Toss

Maide Leisg

Hammer throw

Sheaf Toss

Stone put

Weight over the bar

Weight throw

These games are not for week men!

Have you ever heard about Nessie, the Loch Ness monster? What do you think of it?
This is the Loch Ness and the Urquhart Castle. Can you see the monster? Pay close attention!

Here is Nessie, the monster. Some say they saw the monster, others say it's a myth for tourists. What do you think?

Have you ever heard abou the Scottish traditional food? Haggis is a fine example. It's great!... As long as you don't ask what it is...


Scotland is also known for its castles. They are so many it's impossible to show you all. Here are some fine examples:

Airth Castle

Eilean Donan Castle

Glamis Castle

Edinburgh Castle
And many many more... 


7 comentários:

  1. Hello, I like to know more about Scotland, its culture, games and customs. I also like to know about Nessi, the Loch Ness monster that some people say it's true what others say is a lie, I like to know your eating habits. The castles are fantastic.

    Filipa Figueiredo

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Hello! Edinburgh have never met, but I know and have heard that an ancient city, from various cultures and customs ... The monster of Loch Ness, Nessi, a monster that I admire because he is a great mystery. There are who they say is true and others say is a lie, but to me it does not matter.
    I hope ever come to know this wonderful city!
    I hope you enjoy ...
    GOODBYE!!!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. Hello! I was curious to see the images, and now I'm thinking when formal old (22 or 23 years) to go see it up close it all.

    Andre Saraiva

    ResponderEliminar
  4. Hi!! Scotland it´s a beautiful country, but i don´t belive Nessie, the monster of the loch Ness and i think is a myth for tourists.
    I think the food of the scotland it´s very...Bad! Because the image of the food it´s a little disgusting. The scotland it´s a beautiful country,because she have nice castles, a nice food... and funny guys in skirt.
    BYE
    Joana Farinha Nº 18

    ResponderEliminar
  5. Hello!
    I like the games and costumes.
    the monster is a mistery, is it true?
    The castles are beautiful and I would like to see them inside.
    I realy would like to visit Scotland.
    Bye
    Mariana Xavier nº22

    ResponderEliminar
  6. I can not believe that Nessie exists. Scotland is a country that has many castles and activities that they are funny. The food is bad but can be good aspect.
    eduardo fitas n11
    6 1

    ResponderEliminar